About Me

My photo
London/Chester, United Kingdom

Monday 19 November 2012

Caviar Manicure Sets Review

I am OBSESSED with these Caviar manicure sets- they create such a cool, eye-catching effect and much to my suprise are so easy and un-fiddly to do. I bought the white and the rainbow set from Selfridges and they're definitely worth the money- each set costs £18- I've used them both a few times and they're both nearly full still! 
First I tried out the white set. I loved the look of these because they look really christmassy & I'm already feeling so festive! Being a nail biter, I bought some cheap false nails from Boots (Broadway short false nails) and they cost around £4- these are really long lasting as the glue is strong and they're not too long so there's less chance of catching them on things! You paint your nails with the white nail varnish provided- wait for the first layer to dry- do a second coat and whilst your nails are still tacky you pour over the microbeads. I would suggest holding your nails over the lid/box whilst pouring the beads over- as then the remaining beads gather in there and you can funnel them back into the pot to avoid wasting any unused ones!
Leave them 10-15 minutes to dry. You can apply a topcoat for added strength. 

Next I tried the Rainbow set- these are by far my favourite!! One of my housemates had used these ones before me and found that using a topcoat draws the colour from the beads so it's best to leave that out. 
I thought that the beads would easily fall off, but they stay on so well and spread really evenly across your nails!

They really are a good buy if you want to do something different with your nails and are so easy to do!
Xx

20 comments:

  1. Following you lovely! Thanks for stopping by!

    Those nails are EVERYTHING!
    Looking forward to reading much more from you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so pretty!

    Don't forget to enter my giveaway if you like!
    sophie-said.blogspot.co.uk

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh! So fun! Thank you for your kind comments! Yes! I am now your new follower!

    Erin

    thefashionfairyblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it...so beautiful.*_*
    Maybe follow each other???
    My Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks,for the follow.^^
    Follow you back on gfc.

    ReplyDelete
  6. THOSE NAILS ARE SO SOOOOOOOOOO COOL!!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. awesome review we so much love caviar nailpolish!

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for the sweet comment on my blog, I love the look of this! Will have to try and get my hands on some, wonderful for Christmas. Xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love caviar nails, they're cool & chic!
    please check out my blog & we could follow each other..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your nails look amazing, I love the multi coloured ones!xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love them! I wish I could find something like this here :(

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great blog, love the review!

    check out my blog at www.justtututiny.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. thank you so much for visiting our blog and for following!!!we are now following you back!!!:))
    xoxo




    http://style-squared.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  14. they are so fun! it looks like sprinkles

    Jessica
    http://www.jumpintopuddles.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow,It looks great,I have to try this too :)


    www.viewrama.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. thank you! now following you :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your blog!! So happy I found it! You are gorgeous and I love these nails but always think the balls will go everywhere!
    Would love to follow eachother on Bloglovin' & GFC! Check out my blog and let me know what you think.

    www.kellyjade.co.uk
    Kelly

    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  18. So adorable !!!

    Thank you so much for that lovely comment ! :)

    I follow you now !!!

    Keep up in touch ;)
    RUNWAY JUICE

    ReplyDelete
  19. Nice....I follow now,please follow me back!Thank´s!Silviosite: Réponse Prizée

    ReplyDelete