About Me

My photo
London/Chester, United Kingdom

Sunday 23 September 2012

HAIR- How to get SILVER hair :)

So, before I became a poor student and had the time to frequently colour my hair it looked like this.; a sort of mixture of platinum blonde and silver with a hint of lavender tones!

 I absolutely loved my hair this colour as it looked so fashionable and vibrant. It's a colour that works well with any cut, length, texture of hair and really lightens up your features. I was asked a lot how I achieved this so I thought I'd do a blog explaining for anyone who's thinking of dying their hair this colour...

 Firstly, you need to get your hair as light as possible, so if like me you have naturally brown hair you're going to have to use bleach (if you don't want to bleach your hair all in one go, then start lightening it slowly with highlights and toner first, however this will take a long time). I used B Blonde by Jerome Russell to lighten my hair, as this is a powder bleach that can be applied directly to your head so it's a lot easier to do yourself and you get better coverage right to your roots, unlike some powder bleach where it can only be applied by pulling your hair through a hair cap.


You can buy this in Boots, Superdrug, online and in some supermarkets! and it costs around £6
Once you get your hair as light as possible, you have to use a toner on it to eliminate any yellow/brassy tones. I've tried a lot of toners on my hair, it was sort of a case of trial and error, but after much research I find Wella ones to be the best and most long-lasting. My favourite toner was Wella Koleston perfect in colour 12/81 Special Pearl Ash blonde (you mix the toner with 20 Vol peroxide) as this  brightened up my hair whilst putting lovely ashy/lavender tones into it too! If your hair isn't as silvery as you want it to be after the first tone, just put a second one on to make it extra bright. Once you've achieved your all over colour, I would advise you to buy some purple/silver shampoo (L'oreal silver shampoo was my favourite!) to keep your hair looking vibrant and to emphasise the silver/lavender tones.



 You don't have to bleach your hair all over everytime your roots come through, just lighten your roots again with bleach until they turn a pale blonde colour then put toner all over your hair. 
I hope this has helped anyone hoping to dye their hair this colour, I'm not a hairdresser but will try my best to answer any questions :). It's a really eye-catching hair colour but is quite high  maintenance, but doing it yourself rather than going to the hairdressers will save you so much money; if you go to a wholesalers store such as Sally's or m&s supplies, a toner will cost you around £8 and a huge bottle of peroxide about £3! 
Thank you for reading and please leave some posts!
xox

8 comments:

  1. Oh wow, I love how that looked! So fun and pretty! I also love those lashes you are wearing in that photo - dramatic and beautiful! Following you! :)
    the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! Wish I could rock silver hair.

    Anna at thegirlintheclocktower.blogspot.co.uk
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. great post hun, your hair is lush. xox

    www.highstreethoarding.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a great post :)
    I love silver hair!

    http://bubblemylicorice.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love the false lashes....they're simply AMAZING! and really suit you. XX

    http://urbanglamgirlz.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I did it but I have my Roots a little purple and the ends white, whats wrong?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I did it but I have my Roots a little purple and the ends white, whats wrong?

    ReplyDelete