About Me

My photo
London/Chester, United Kingdom

Monday 24 September 2012

Black/Gold Smokey Glitter Eyes

I done this look for my friend a few weeks ago before I came to uni, but I thought I'd share it on my blog now as it's a make-up style I use so much when going on nights out and it's really easy to do! It's a great way to make your eyes really stand out and can instantly make any outfit/ hairstyle your wearing look dressier. I use the Front Cover Moon Dust Eyeshadow set from Boots (these might have sold out now as I got this about a year ago) but you can still pick these up online. 



Here's the Front Cover Moon Dust set I use 
Firstly, you can apply primer to your eyelid to make eyeshadow stick better ontop (however I don't necessarily always do this!). Next you'll need to apply any black/dark eyeshadow you have to the outer corner of your eyelids and create whatever 'flick' shape you want (it's best to use an angled eyeshadow brush for this)- and colour in only HALF of your eyelid with this dark colour as the other outer part is going to be covered with gold. 
Next I darken the flick shape I've created, so use the black shadow dust from the Front Cover set above, I find it best to put this on in small amounts as it does fall onto your face and is a nightmare to get off if you've just done your foundation! So build the darkness up slowly!
After I've applied the black Front Cover eyeshadow to the flick and half of my eyelid, I dab a bit of eyelash glue onto my finger tip and apply it to the other half of my eyelid, then use my finger rather than an eyeshadow brush to apply the gold glitter from the Front Cover set (using your finger rather than a brush picks up more glitter and it seems to stick a lot better with more coverage). 
Black and Gold glitter dust I use for the look from the Front Cover set
I then put some black eyeliner on my lower lash lines, apply some mascara, stick my false eyelashes on and apply a line of liquid eyeliner to my top lash lines and i'm good to go!  
I love this look because I always have "smokey eyes" for a night out but the glitter just makes it a bit different and it's really pretty for any special occasions, and will be nice for the christmas season coming up! 
Thanks for reading & I hope my description is understandable to anyone wanting to try this!
Please leave some posts & follow my blog if you're not already :) 

8 comments:

  1. Thanks ! I like your makeup !

    http://ilovefashion-s.blogspot.be/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh, I LOVE this! So dramatic and gorgeous! I totally love the way you do your makeup!
    the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that looks amazing! I never do much to my eyes as I always seem to end up looking like I've been punched but this doesn't look too difficult so I'm gonna give it a try :) xx

    kw-justlikeheaven.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ah thank you! i know what you mean, it's so annoying when you've just done your foundation then end up with black eyeshadow all over your face hahaha! but yeah this is quite easy to do really!
      following you! :) xx

      Delete
  4. These look lovely :)

    I’m also running a giveaway so would love if you could enter! I will also always follow back :)http://champagnelambinibudget.blogspot.co.uk/2012/09/happy-friday-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete