About Me

My photo
London/Chester, United Kingdom

Wednesday 26 September 2012

DIP-DYE DIY


For anyone thinking about dip-dying their hair, this is a really simple, cheap way to do it! Before I dyed my hair dark (I wish I never, I miss my blonde hair loads!) I wanted to dip-dye the ends so I had lavender blonde hair; any Lady Gaga fans will understand my reasoning... Anyway, my natural hair is a couple of inches below my shoulder, so I decided to dip-dye my Foxylocks extensions- which I'm going to do a review on soon because they're AMAZING. This meant that I didn't have to have my dip-dye hair all the time, the colour didn't wash out and I was less scared of it going wrong. To do this I bought Directions hair dye, which you can buy online for around £3-4 and there's so many colours to choose from! I used the violet dye and mixed it with conditioner so the colour wasn't as strong- it came out more lavender.



 I lay out my extensions flat and applied the dye to the hair using a dying brush- I wanted a more gradual dip dying effect rather than a straight divide so applied the dye in a sort of rigid line which I think creates a better effect as it's not such a prominent divide in colour. When the hair had turned to the colour I wanted it to (this only took under 10 minutes as my hair was so, so light) I washed the dye off, dried it and styled them to how I liked! It's not something you have to go to the hairdressers for and is so cheap and easy to do. If you want to do something different with the colour of your hair but don't want to take a risk on your natural hair it's a great idea to use extensions and a quick way to make a change:)

Thanks for reading, Please leave some posts :) 
Ally xox

4 comments:

  1. love the blonde with the purple, i always want to go dark but think i would regret it x

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg this is what im doing to my hair next month when i get my roots done! looves it. Got the same dye as you too!

    Justaddicingandsprinkles.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so cool! Love it:)
    Please check out my blog,
    xx Marianne
    pictureme-m.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete